We have a purpose built Pre-School, dedicated to the learning and development of each individual child. We believe in a child-centred approach, and plan for the needs and interests of the children to encourage their imagination and desire to learn.
The pre-school environment is organised into specific areas dedicated to the areas of learning within the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum (EYFS). The indoor and outdoor learning environment allows the children to access carefully planned, personalised learning activities through a play-based curriculum.
Mrs Worrall leads the provision of the Pre-School setting alongside a highly qualified staffing team.
We are very proud of our strong links with Copplestone Primary School. We work as a Foundation Stage Unit, which means that children across the Foundation Stage (2-5years) engage in play and learning activities together.
We welcome all children from the term after their second birthday:
- Funded 2-year-olds; as part of two-year-old funding from the start of the term following their second birthday.
- Funded 2-year-olds as part of two-year-old funding as rising 3-year-olds at the start of the term in which they have their third birthday.
- Unfunded 2-year-olds from the start of the term following their second birthday.
- Unfunded 2-year-olds as rising 3-year-olds at the start of the term in which they have their third birthday.
- Funded three and four-year-olds from the start of term following their third birthday.
- Unfunded three and four-year-olds from the start of the term following their third birthday.
You will find further detailed information under the Admissions tab.
We are open from 09:00 until 15.30 every weekday during term time.
Our sessions are as follows:
09.00 - 12.00 Morning Session
12.00 - 12.30 Lunch
12.30 - 15.30 Afternoon Session
Our charges from the 18th April 2023 are:
3 and 4-year-olds: £4.30 per hour
2-year-olds: £4.80 per hour
The closing dates for applications for the Preschool intake are:
26th May 2023 for places in the Autumn Term (September 2023)
20th October 2023 for places in the Spring Term (January 2024)
You can apply after these dates, but your application may not be considered until after all the applications that were on time. If you couldn’t apply before because you just moved to this area, you should make sure that you inform the school. If the reason for applying after the closing date is accepted, your application will be considered at the same time as everyone who did apply on time if this is still possible.
See below for our latest Ofsted Report.