Children should look smart when wearing their school uniform. Long, shoulder-length hair should be tied back and off the face, particularly during PE lessons and when using some specialist equipment in science, art, food technology, etc. There should also be no extremes of style (e.g.) marks cut into the hair or the use of different colours. Make-up and nail varnish should not be worn.
Children are not allowed to wear jewellery of any description at school, except for watches, earrings and Medic-Alert bracelets. If your child has pierced ears, plain studs must be worn. For Health and Safety reasons, earrings must be removed or covered with plasters or tape for PE and swimming lessons. The school will not be held responsible for any losses of jewellery.
If you wish your child to wear jewellery for religious reasons, please speak to the Head of School. No other body jewellery should be worn.
During the Summer Term and the first half of the autumn term, children may wear ‘summer uniform’. All clothing must be clearly marked with your child's name. All children should wear a suitable coat during wet or cold weather.
At Copplestone Primary School we wear a uniform to feel a sense of belonging to our community. By attending Copplestone Primary School you are agreeing to keep to the uniform policy.
- Bottle-green sweatshirt or cardigan with the Copplestone logo
- Reception to Year 4: Plain white polo shirt, shirt or blouse
- Years 5 & 6: Plain white shirt or blouse and a plain bottle-green tie (tied or clip). Year 6 prefects will be given a green/gold striped tie for one term.
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore
- Socks: white, black or grey
- Tights: grey, bottle-green, white or black
- Smart, fully black shoes, no boots or sandals
- Green and white checked summer dress (From Easter to October half-term)
- Bottle-green t-shirt with the Copplestone logo
- Black shorts, leggings or tracksuit bottoms
- Trainers or plimsolls (Reception class do not need trainers until term 2)
Uniform can be purchased from Mole Avon in Crediton. The CPTA also hold second hand uniform sales.
We are very proud of our school and of our pupils and believe that high standards of uniform, behaviour, being properly equipped and attending regularly give each one of our pupils the very best chance of learning well and achieving their best. Reminder letters will be issued to parents should their child not be in the correct uniform.
Please ensure all items brought into school are clearly named.